ADA Basics, Codes & Architectural Hardware
May 9, 2019
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
3200 Southwest Freeway, Suite 900
Houston, TX 77027
Texas Accessibility Seminar by dormakaba
- ADA Basics, Codes & Architectural Hardware
In this course, the fundamentals of what accessibility means to your door hardware specification will be explored. Available technology, common terminology and components, and the codes and guidelines pertaining to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be discussed.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will
be able to:
- Recognize why an owner or facility operator should comply with ADA
- Understand the requirements for compliance with ICC/ANSI A117.1 / ADAAG / ADA or locally adopted code requirements
- Identify what opening components need to be ADA compliant
- Understand how to specify those items to be in compliance
1.0 AIA HSW/Learning Units
A boxed lunch and beverage will be included with registration.
Parking is not included.
Online registration is requried as space is limited!