Architecture in Steel at NASCC: The Steel Conference, Charlotte, N.C.
April 12, 2023
501 S. College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Architecture in Steel at NASCC: The Steel Conference
Complimentary registration available architects and designers, at registration use code: architect
April 12 to 14, 2023
Charlotte Convention Center
501 S. College Street
Charlotte, N.C. 28202
Three days. 200 sessions full of information you can put into practice as soon as you get home--information ranging from best practices to design sustainable, resilient, and efficient structures to how to maximize cross-industry collaboration. 280+ innovations you need to know about right now. And up to 20 HSWs*
Registration is now open for the one event that offers all of this--NASCC: The Steel Conference, which incorporates the Architecture in Steel specialty conference, April 12 to 14 in Charlotte, N.C.
AIA Houston members: Contact AISC’s Alex Morales (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional questions.
Architects can learn:
● How speculative housing prototypes can help unleash the potential of irregular sites
● How Diller Scofidio and Renfro has used steel to tackle complex programmatic, social, and environmental aspects of some of its top projects over the last decade
● How the tallest building in San Jose, Calif., is harnessing one of the most promising structural steel innovations to drastically reduce construction time, save leasable space, and support a complex bespoke façade designed to cut solar heat gain
● How practitioners at all levels can build meaningful relationships and take action to foster a positive work environment for all
● How to handle the work/life balance issues that drive folks from the industry or leave small firms in a bind
● How to perform architectural detailing with intumescent coatings
● How steel/timber hybrid structures create new opportunities for sustainable, beautiful designs
● How to achieve superior sound isolation in a steel structure--right now
● And much, much more!
As always, the Steel Conference will have an exciting exhibit hall packed with more than 280 innovations you need to know about right now. And this year’s conference dinner is at the jaw-dropping NASCAR Hall of Fame, an I.M. Pei-designed whirl of sleek steel and gleaming lights!
*AISC has submitted 26 sessions to AIA and anticipates offering up to 20 HSWs.