BEC Houston Presents: Simulation for Building Envelope Compliance
August 15, 2017
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
315 Capitol Street
Houston, TX 77002
713 520 0155
Brought to you by the Building Enclosure Council
BEC Houston Presents - “Simulation for Building Envelope Compliance"
Presented by: Kapil Upadhyaya, ASHRAE BEMP, Fitwel Ambassador, LEED AP
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
5:30 to 6:00 PM Networking
6:00 to 7:00PM Presentation
Location: AIA Houston – 315 Capitol, Suite 120, Houston, TX, 77002
Please join us for our August presentation. BEC Yearly Membership Registration will be $30 per year or $20.00 registration fee for BEC non-members, free for BEC Members, students and interns.
To become a member click here.
1. Attendees will learn about the key changes in 2015IECC/ASHRAE90.1-2013 that are affecting Envelope Design.
2. Attendees will learn quick assessment methods for early design phase to target VLT/SHGC, SKYLIGHT-EFFECTIVE APERATURE & WWAR-SHGC dependencies.
3. Attendees will learn how Uvalues can be simulated for different assemblies for code compliance.
4. Attendees will learn when to employ Whole Building Energy Simulation to meet energy code.
Kapil Upadhyaya is a Senior Associate and Building Performance Analyst at Kirksey Architecture. He is a champion of building-physics having performed measurement & verification, post-occupancy evaluations, energy modeling, lighting & daylighting simulations, hygrothermal simulations and airflow simulations for over a 110 projects, 77 of which are LEED buildings. Kapil holds a Bachelor of Architecture with Honors from Indian Institute of Technology, and has a Master of Science from Texas A&M University. He is the chair of Energy Modeling Committee at ASHRAE Houston Chapter and is on the Board of Directors of USGBC, Texas Gulf Coast Regional Council. He founded the Houston Chapter of International Building Performance Simulation Association, and his inter-disciplinary interests keep him involved with USGBC national committee for LEED Pilot Credits
2017 MAJOR SPONSORS (CALLING FOR MORE 2017 SPONSORS):
- Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing
- Walter P Moore
Click here for more information about becoming a sponsor.