BEC Presents: Fluid-Applied Air Barriers: Performance-Based Specifying
May 16, 2017
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
315 Capitol Street
Houston, TX 77002
Brought to you by the Building Enclosure Council
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
5:30 to 6:00 PM Networking
6:00 to 7:00PM Presentation
Location: AIA Houston – 315 Capitol, Suite 120, Houston, TX, 77002
Please join us for our May presentation. BEC Yearly Membership Registration will be $30 per year or $20.00
registration fee for BEC non-members, free for BEC Members, students and interns.
To become a BEC member click here.
1. Understand the benefits of air barrier systems to the environment, building owner, and occupants.
2. Discuss performance test standards relating to air barrier systems, including the NFPA 285 fire test.
3. Examine the IECC 2012, IECC 2015, and ASHRAE 90.1 and their impact on air barrier systems.
4. How to properly develop a performance specification for an Air Barrier System
James Arnold, PE, RRO is the Director of Product Development at Kemper System America. Jim holds a Bachelors
of Civil Engineering and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Illinois. He is a Professional
Engineer in Illinois, Texas, and Colorado and holds the Registered Roof Observer certification from Roof Consultants
International. He has over 30-years of experience in the planning, design, specification, and construction management
of buildings and public works facilities across the United States.
2017 MAJOR SPONSORS (CALLING FOR MORE 2017 SPONSORS):
- Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing
- Walter P Moore
Please click here for more information about becoming a sponsor.