Health SES 2021 (Virtual)
February 11, 2021
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Brought to you by the Committee on Architecture for Health
REGISTRATION CLOSES WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10 AT NOON
SAVE THE DATE! WE ARE GOING VIRTUAL THIS YEAR!
Health Symposium Exhibition & Social (SES) annually provides an opportunity for education and networking to members of the architectural and healthcare communities. However 2021 will look a little different, we are going VIRTUAL.
We recognize that the global pandemic we're experiencing is creating intense challenges for most everyone. As a result, AIA Houston has decided to move 2021 Health SES to be 100% virtual. By going virtual, we have an opportunity to expand our engagement to organizations throughout the U.S. We understand that a virtual event isn't quite the same as in-person, but we are confident we can deliver a fantastic conference providing meaningful knowledge and content.
Theme: The Moment after this Moment - Future of Healthcare in Houston
We will discuss healthcare system leaders’ thoughts and experiences from 2020. How each system has managed their facilities and operations during COVID. How are they taking care of staff? How do they develop a business plan for the future that protects the Health, Safety, & Welfare of patients? Does telehealth change the way they deliver care?
Virtual Platform: Zoom
AIA Credit: 1.5 HSW/LU
Sid Sanders, SVP, Houston Methodist
- Sid Sanders is the Senior Vice President for Construction/Facilities Design and Real Estate Management at Houston Methodist. He is also President and CEO of TMH Medical Office Buildings, a subsidiary of Houston Methodist. He is responsible for a $4 Billion capital construction program and campus master planning at all campuses. He oversees a multi-hundred million dollar real estate portfolio and a two million SF medical office building portfolio.
Jill Pearsall, SVP, Texas Children's Hospital
- Jill Pearsall is the Senior Vice President of Facilities Planning & Development and Real Estate Services at Texas Children’s Hospital. She has leadership responsibility for real estate strategy, transaction and acquisition, facilities planning, design and construction, project management and on-going support programs of artwork/signage, interiors/logistics, space management, and facilities information for Texas Children’s facilities inventory of over 100 locations and 12 million square feet. Jill is a licensed architect in Texas and California and holds a certificate from the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).
Jill joined Texas Children’s in 2002 and has remained intimately involved in planning, developing and executing over 5 million square feet of new construction and managing over $2.9B of work. She serves on several organizational committees, including Audit and Compliance, Capital Management, Digital Advisory, Emergency Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Executive Space Management, Facilities Executive, and Financial Planning.Jill is a graduate of the University of Southern California with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Prior to moving into facilities management and joining the healthcare industry, she practiced commercial and institutional architecture in both California and Texas.
Bhargav Goswami, AIA, MBA, Director, Facilities Planning Services, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
- As Director of Facilities Planning Services, Bhargav leads a team of planners, designers, activation managers and customer advocates responsible for maintaining institutional standards and providing planning and design management of projects. His scope includes Strategic Facilities Development, Master Planning, Design, New Construction and Renovation of healthcare, research, and education facilities.
Prior to this role, Bhargav served as a Principal and Senior Medical Planner for EYP and has 25 years of international experience in the architecture, engineering and construction industry. He has an MBA with a focus on healthcare from Rice University, a Master of Architecture with a Certificate in Health Systems Design from Texas A&M University, and a Bachelor of Architecture from the School of Planning & Design in New Delhi, India.Bhargav is a registered architect and a member of the American Institute for Architects (AIA). A knowledge leader in the industry, he is a regular speaker at healthcare design conferences and frequent author in industry journals. He was the recipient of the American Institute of Architects Graduate Fellowship in Healthcare Research and Design.
Russ Korcuska, VP, Capital Construction and Interim Supply Chain VP, Memorial Hermann Health System
- Russ Korcuska is a 30-year professional with a strong operations background. Russ joined Memorial Hermann in February of 2017 and currently serves as the Vice President of Capital Construction and Project Management as well as Vice President of Supply Chain (interim). His areas of responsibility for system wide services include design and construction, facilities engineering, security, food and nutrition services, environmental services, linen/laundry, clinical engineering/asset management, sterile processing, materials management and supply chain services. He oversees a portfolio of over 9 million square feet of acute care facilities, a capital building program in excess of $1.2 billion and annual supply chain and services expenses in excess of $1 billion.
As a graduate of Arizona State University, he began his career for a general contractor in Arizona and spent 20+ years building health care and health education facilities from Seattle to Ohio. He is a certified professional constructor and is a board member of TECO, the energy company providing chilled water and steam service to over 30 million square feet of health care, health education and health research facilities at the Texas Medical Center in Houston.
J. Trent Williams, PMP, LEED AP, Director of Capital Projecs and Facilities, Texas Medical Center
- J. Trent Williams is the Director of Capital Projects and Facilities for Texas Medical Center. His role is primarily focused on the TMC3 Project and oversight of all facilities maintenance for assets owned by TMC. TMC3 is a new 37 acre campus within TMC that will focus primarily on life sciences research. Prior to joining TMC, he was the Senior Director of Capital Projects at University of Houston where he managed over $700M in capital projects; including, a 300,000 square foot research facility for the College of Pharmacy, Guy V. Lewis Basketball Development Facility, Fertitta Center Basketball Arena renovation and the Indoor Football Practice Facility. Trent is a graduate of Texas A&M University and spent the first 11 years or his career working in Houston as a General Contractor working on projects including healthcare, commercial office space, K-12 and higher education research.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
David G. Puckett Fund - 2021 Sponsor
4b Technology Group - 2021 Diamond Sponsor
EYP, Inc. - 2021 Diamond Sponsor
Vaughn Construction - 2021 Diamond Sponsor
Arch-Con Corporation - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Dal-Tile - 20221 Platinum Sponsor
Dewberry - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
DPR Construction - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Harvey | Harvey-Cleary Builders - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
HDR - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Hoar Construction - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
HOK - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Huitt-Zollars - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
IMEG Corp - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Interwoven Health - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
J. Tyler Services - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Kirksey Architecture - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
McMac Cx - 20221 Platinum Sponsor
O'Donnell/Snider Construction - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Perkins&Will - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
PhiloWilke Partnership - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Skanska - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Tarkett - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Tellepsen - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Thorton Tomasetti - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Walter P Moore - 2021 Platinum Sponsor
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. - 2021 Gold Sponsor
dormakaba USA - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Harrell Architects - 2021 Gold Sponsor
JE Dunn Construction - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Johnston LLC - 2021 Gold Sponsor
KSM Resources - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Linbeck - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Morganti - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Panolam Surface Systems - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Page/ - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Shah Smith & Associates - 2021 Gold Sponsor
Telios - 2021 Gold Sponsor
The Trevino Group - 2021 Gold Sponsor
The KipCo / CS Gulf Coast - 2021 Gold Sponsor