Historic Fire Station No. 7 Window Restoration Tour
February 23, 2023
2403 Milam St.
Brought to you by the Historic Resources
SAVE THE DATE! Join AIA Houston Historic Resources Committee Spring Preservation on-Site
Thursday, February 23
- 3pm-4pm (limited to 10 attendees) REGISTER HERE, 3pm
- 4pm-5pm (limited to 10 attendees) REGISTER HERE, 4pm
** Please note, the fire house is currently under construction, therefore space is limited for this tour. Our hope is to have a follow up tour for a larger audience once construction is complete **
Houston Fire Station No. 7 Window Restoration Tour
Please join Plum Alley Windows, REPRACTICE architecture, Tellepsen Builders for a windows ONLY tour; an introduction to old wood windows and how they work. The Houston fire museum is a wonderful and unique example of turn of th century industrial wood windows.
- See the inner workings of a traditional weight and pulley window system typical of old homes, and the slightly different commercial system used on the fire station windows
- Discuss restoration process with paint, repairing damaged wood/joints, and weatherstripping
- Original hardware versus reproduction
- Discuss different types of glass and how to preserve original glass while increasing energy efficiency