Houston Endowment Building Tour - July 13
July 13, 2023
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
3683 Willia Street
Houston, TX 77002
Brought to you by the Committee On The Environment
Photo: Iwan Baan; Courtesy Houston Endowment
Join the ArCH Exhibitions & Program Committee and Committee on the Environment (COTE), July 13 for a tour of the Houston Endowment Headquarters.
- Thursday, July 13, 4pm-5pm
- AIA credit: 1.0 HSW
- Advanced registration required, space is limited
Houston Endowment’s new office space is immersed in the developing neighborhood bordered by Buffalo Bayou, Montrose, and the Houston Heights. The centrally located space allows the Foundation, a perpetual institution, the opportunity to have a permanent home and to contribute to the growth of the neighborhood.
The building provides Houston Endowment with a new way of working with its valued partners. Convening with others across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors is essential to advancing the Foundation’s mission to advance equity of opportunity for the people of Greater Houston and enhance the vibrancy of the region. The open and inviting space enables the Foundation to facilitate larger convenings than before and will be a vital tool in how it serves the community today and into the future.
It reflects Houston Endowment’s on-the-ground ethic as a vital source of support and collaboration within the city and will further connection and conversation around the Foundation’s funding priorities of PreK-12 public education, civic engagement, and arts and parks.
Read more about the building’s design, sustainability and commitment to the 2030 Net Zero Challenge in the Arch Daily here.
- Architects: Kevin Daly Architects | PRODUCTORA | TLS Landscape Architecture
- Local Architect: Kirksey
- General Contractor: Bellows Construction
- Construction Manager: Forney Construction
- Design Competition Lead: Malcolm Reading Consultants
- Sustainable Operations Plan Consultant: Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC)
- Structural Design Engineer: Arup