Lunchtime Learning April 12 (Webinar)
April 12, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: COMcheck for Permitting
Speaker: Steve Stelzer, AIA, LEED AP, TRUE Advisor, ICC CSP, Program Director, Green Building Resource Center
DATE: April 12
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning April 8th. .
AIA CREDIT: 1.0 HSW/LU
PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS THE SAME CLASS TAUGHT SEPTEMBER 10, 2020. IF YOU TOOK THAT CLASS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS CLASS.
Completed COMcheck forms are required to show compliance with either IECC 2015 or ASHRAE 90.1-2013 for new construction, existing building work, and new tenant improvements for commercial plans submitted for City of Houston building permits. COMcheck is a nationally recognized software program to show compliance for International Energy Code Compliance for commercial building projects. Consisting of 5 compliance sections – building envelope, interior & exterior lighting, mechanical systems, and the Inspection Checklist, it is also a useful tool for building departments to determine compliance. (To be clear, other energy modeling software reports are allowed, but are somewhat rare).
Beginning April 15, 2021, these forms will be reviewed at the PreScreen stage for basic completion, and more thoroughly by the various plan reviewers upon Prescreen acceptance. The Inspection Checklist will be especially reviewed for completion, which was not previously widely required. This session will provide a summary review of the various energy code provisions, and emphasize the documentation required for showing compliance to plan review code officials in the permitting process.
- Participants will understand the various code requirement systems within the commercial code provisions.
- Attendees will explore documentation requirements within the code and within COMcheck.
- Attendees will identify the methodology for determining code compliance using COMcheck.
- Attendees will understand the coordination required between the various disciplines to ensure compliance.