Lunchtime Learning April 2 (Webinar)
April 2, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Wow! We've had an overwhelming response to our upcoming CEU Webinar. We have met our limit with this class, but stay tuned as we are currently scheduling more presentations. Thank you for trusting us as the provider of your continuing education needs.
WEBINAR: Design Solutions for Restroom Privacy
Date: April 2
Cost: AIA Members free
Non AIA Members $20
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants on Wednesday, April 1st.
- AIA and IDCEC accredited
- AIA – 1 CEU for HSW
- Barrier Free
- IDCEC - (1) CEU value. IDCEC class-code is: 109795
This course will review the factors that have contributed to privacy as an expectation:
- A large proportion of today’s restroom users view privacy as a key amenity.
- As all-gender restrooms rise in popularity, privacy has taken a key role in restroom design.
- There are several ways to achieve privacy, but toilet partition design offers a balance of practicality and privacy that other solutions cannot
Learning Objectives will cover:
- Understand the factors that have contributed to privacy as a design expectation in many building types.
- Understand different toilet partition design solutions and their varying degrees of privacy Describe three ADA accessible toilet compartment layouts.
- Review cost-benefit analyses and construction implications of privacy solutions.
- Review ADA compliance considerations associated with privacy toilet partition design
- Design solutions that can achieve privacy
- ADA compliance considerations relevant to privacy
- Gender Neutral restroom