Lunchtime Learning April 7 (Webinar)
April 7, 2020
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
WEBINAR: A Practical Guide to Identifying, Gathering & Documenting a Sustainable Research Tax Credit Claim
Date: April 7
Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Cost: AIA Members free
Non AIA Members $20
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants on Monday, April 6th.
AIA Credits: 1 Learning Unit
Understanding the Research and Development Federal Tax Credit Program
Engineered Tax Services (ETS) has been at the forefront of the R&D Credit having assisted in recovering in excess of $100 million in cash refunds from previously unclaimed credits. As a leader in the field, ETS provides a credit based educational seminar on the history of the R&D Tax Credit where our experience, approach and methodology will not only assist you to identify the most credits that you are eligible to claim, but, more importantly, will ensure that you retain the credits. We team operational, engineering, accounting and tax experts to enhance and preserve your rights to the R&D credits. During this presentation, you will be able to understand how the R&D Tax Credit will allow your clients to claim benefits through the use of this tax law.
1. R&D Tax Credits – 10 minutes
- Opportunities for Your Clients
- Quantifying Industries
2. Qualified Activities and Expenses – 15 minutes
- Industry Opportunity Areas
- 4-Part Test for Determining Qualified Research Activity (QRA)
- Final Design
3. Identify Potential Qualified Research Activities (QRA's) – 20 minutes
- Identifying potential qualified QRA's
- Identify and substantiate the resulting Qualified Research Expenses (QRE's)
- Calculation of R&D Tax Credit
• Regular Credit versus Alternative Simplified Credit
- Report findings
- Defending the Claim
4. The Process – 5 minutes
- Required Credit Calculations
5. State R&D Credit Opportunities – 5 minutes
This presentation commences with a review of the tax credit laws.
- Gain an understanding of the R&D Tax Credit and how it applies to many principal industries including manufacturing, professional, scientific and technical services and information sectors.
- Recognize the benefits for a broad range of businesses, public and private, how it can be implemented to both manufacturing and non-manufacturing businesses.
- Learn how to increase your expertise as an advisor performing the tax credit study which benefits many areas of the business, including operations, engineering, financial and tax expertise that results in more credits and meticulous documentation that is necessary to support your activities, costs and credit.
- Learn how to calculate the tax credit and should you need to, defend your claim