Lunchtime Learning April 9 (Webinar)
April 9, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
WEBINAR: Improving Facade Designs by Comparing Automated vs Manual Solar Shading
Date: April 9
Time: Noon - 1pm
Cost: AIA Members free
Non AIA Members $20
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants on Wednesday, April 8th.
- AIA Credits: 1 Learning Unit with HSW
- GBCI Credits: 1 CE hour
- RCEP/ACEC Credits 1 Professional Development Hour
- IDCEC Credits: 1 CE hour
This course will provide an understanding of innovative design trends including current market drivers, comparing high performance glass vs. high performance shading and how to increase visual and thermal comfort by automating the balance of natural and artificial light. This course will build the connection between the influence of current design trends, on building performance using automated facades. We will discuss design strategies using automated solar management and its impact on these design trends.
1. Discover construction market sustainability drivers and automation examples.
2. Understand automation of building envelopes/façades using innovative and sustainable design strategies.
3. Relate sustainable building design with the benefits of automation.
4. Promote design based on the value of automation.
Andy Rittenhouse WELL AP , Specification Manager - South, Somfy Systems
Andy started his career in the solar shading industry in 1999 in Houston, Texas. He is now working for Somfy, a world-leading supplier of motorization and control solutions. He has been conducting seminars and training nationally for the recognition of dynamic and automated solar shading.