Lunchtime Learning August 25 (Webinar)
August 25, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
WEBINAR: Dollars for Design: Optimizing the R&D Tax Credit for Architecture
DATE: August 25, 2020
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants on the day before the presentation.
AIA CREDIT: 1.0 LU
Recent legislation responding to COVID-19 has opened opportunities for businesses to claim tax credits and incentives previously unavailable or underutilized. Architecture firms are using the CARES Act and other regulatory guidance to claim refunds, save money, and increase cash flow. Learn how to take advantage of this opportunity to claim Research & Development Tax Credits, also known as Design Tax Credits. This course will cover eligibility requirements, new tax laws and guidance, and case studies that will provide a roadmap for saving dollars for design.
1. Understand how the CARES Act and recent legislation has created time-sensitive opportunities for claiming tax credits and incentives
2. Understand the four-part test and basic exclusions to R&D, including the main components of funded versus non-funded research
3. Debunk the myths of the R&D tax credit
4. Learn how to optimize time and project tracking to maximize tax credits
5. Identify target-rich environments for R&D activities
BRAYN is a niche consulting firm that guides businesses to greater value through tax credits and incentives, such as R&D tax credits, 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deductions, 45L Energy Efficient Home Tax Credits, & Cost Segregation. BRAYN Consulting LLC is not a CPA firm, finance, tax, law, or engineering firm, and nothing contained herein can be construed as legal, financial, accounting, tax, or engineering advice. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure – To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advise contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.