Lunchtime Learning December 16 (Webinar)
December 16, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: Mastering Architectural Acoustics in Flexible Spaces
DATE: December 16, 2020
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning December 11
A minimum of 3 days’ notice is required to receive a full refund if you need to cancel your reservation.
AIA CREDIT (Live View Only): 1.0 HSW/LU
In this seminar, design professionals, general contractors, owners or facility managers will gain a thorough understanding of architectural acoustics (sometimes called “invisible architecture”).
- To learn about acoustics in the built environment (invisible architecture) and the effects on well-being, health, and safety including an overview on the Well Building Institute’s acoustical comfort recommendations.
- To understand what sound is, how it behaves in an interior environment and how building materials are classified for their sound control capabilities.
- To explore acoustical challenges in flexible space and learn how best to control sound including those acoustical challenges with operable partitions.
- To find solutions through automation and intelligent acoustical design to achieve healthier, more comfortable and productive interior flexible spaces.