Lunchtime Learning December 8 (Webinar)
December 8, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: Vertical Platform Lifts for ADA Access
DATE: December 8, 2020
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning December 4.
AIA CREDIT: 1.0 HSW/LU
A Vertical Platform Lift (VPL) is a cost and space effective solution for overcoming vertical barriers to access. This presentation will outline the technical and design aspects of the equipment as well as creating an understanding of the applications and regulations that dictate how to properly specify a VPL for your clients.
This presentation will:
- Define VPL configurations and their appropriate applications for vertical access.
- Provide an overview of the ASME A18.1 Safety Standards and the ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessibility Guidelines.
- Help you to better understand the ADA requirements as they pertain to equipment options and configurations.
- Introduce you to some of the resources available for designing a VPL into your projects.