Lunchtime Learning February 9 (Webinar)
February 9, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: Foundation Repair Techniques for Lightly-Loaded Foundations in Texas
DATE: February 9, 2021
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning February 5
A minimum of 3 days’ notice is required to receive a full refund if you need to cancel your reservation.
AIA CREDIT: 1.5 AIA HSW
This is 1.5 hour in depth seminar on residential foundation design and repair techniques. This is a must-see seminar for custom builders, production builders, foundation repair contractors, residential architects, structural engineers, forensic engineers, attorneys, civil engineers and developers.
Mr. David Eastwood, P.E., D.GE, DFE, C.A.P.M., F.FPA, F.ASCE with Geotech Engineering and Testing will help you understand the basics of foundation repair. The webinar will cover the following topics:
• Drainage (grading, area drains, top soil, trees)
• Underpinning (pressed piling, drilled footings, helical piles, spread footings, micropiles)
• Foundation Lifting
• Foundation Stabilization, using Polyurethane and mud jacking
• Foundation watering system
• Chemical stabilization
• Moisture & root barriers (horizontal and vertical)