Lunchtime Learning October 15 (Webinar)
October 15, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: Barrier Free and Design: Understanding Accessibility in a Locker Room, by Jerry Wilcox, ArchSpec
DATE: October 15, 2020
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning October 12th.
AIA CREDIT: 1.0 HSW/LU
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) set the minimum requirements for new or altered construction of state and local government, public, and commercial facilities to be readily accessible to individuals with disabilities. Many states also require provisions of the 2009 revision of ANSI Standard ICC A117.1, Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
This course will provide relative information when designing and specifying ADA code-compliant locker change rooms for commercial facilities. Accessibility codes and regulations will be covered regarding, entrance ways, lockers, benches, hardware, showers, toilets, and accessories.
Learning Objectives will cover:
1. Understanding the difference between ADA vs ANSI
2. Designing a complete barrier-free environment within locker-rooms
3. Understanding path of travel
4. Designing for reach intent
5. Atmospheric considerations
6. Durability & resistance considerations