Lunchtime Learning October 28 (Webinar)
October 28, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: Building & Running a Successful Hybrid Practice
Speaker: Evelyn Lee, FAIA
DATE: October 28
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. AIA Houston reserves the right to cancel classes up to 48 hours in advance in the event of low registration.
Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning October 25.
AIA CREDIT: 1.0 LU
In the blink of an eye, the way firms worked changed overnight. Now there’s no snapping back, and people’s expectations around how and where they work have changed. Many firms are just beginning to navigate and understand what they need to create a successful practice that allows their employees the flexibility they desire while remaining productive and profitable. This course highlights operations, processes, policies, and tools to help individuals become better advocates for a more flexible workplace and help firm leaders understand the areas in their businesses that they need to adapt to build and run a successful hybrid practice.
- Understand the importance of creating a values-based culture that fosters engagement and productivity, even when people are not in the office.
- Create operations and structures that allow individuals to get work done no matter where they are, hold meaningful meetings, and enable self-management.
- Explore new ways of working, team building, and innovating with a distributed workforce to make a hybrid practice work.
- Recognize the common problems and stumbling blocks of hybrid practice and how to anticipate and avoid potential difficulties.
Evelyn Lee, FAIA, is the first-ever Senior Experience Designer at Slack Technologies, Founder of the Practice of Architecture, and Co-Host on the Podcast, Practice Disrupted. Lee seamlessly integrates her business and architecture background with a qualitative and quantitative focus to build better experiences for the organization’s employees, clients, and guests.
She is widely published, wrote a monthly column for Contract magazine for over 3 years, and now is a frequent contributor to Architect Magazine. Evelyn has received numerous industry awards including 2016 40 Under 40 award for Building Design + Construction and the 2014 AIA National Young Architects Award. She currently serves as the first-ever female Treasurer to the AIA National Board in 2020-2021.