Lunchtime Learning September 10 (Webinar)
September 10, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
VIRTUAL WEBINAR: COMcheck for Permitting
Speaker: Steve Stelzer, AIA, LEED AP, TRUE Advisor, ICC CSP, Program Director, Green Building Resource Center
DATE: September 10
COST: All AIA members experiencing hardship (loss of work, reduced pay) as a result of COVID 19, may attend these sessions FREE. Please email Rhonda for hardship request.
- AIA Member or AIA Assoc Member - $10
- AIAH Affiliate Member - $10
- Non-Member - $25
- Request Hardship Consideration / AIA Members Only - $0
Registration is required. Instructions will be emailed to all registrants beginning September 8th.
AIA CREDIT: 1.0 HSW/LU
COMcheck is a nationally recognized software program to show compliance for International Energy Code Compliance for commercial building projects. Consisting of 4 compliance sections – building envelope, interior & exterior lighting, and mechanical systems, it is also a useful tool for building departments to determine compliance. This session will provide a summary review of the various energy code provisions, and emphasize the documentation required for showing compliance to plan review code officials in the permitting process.
- Participants will understand the various code requirement systems within the commercial code provisions.
- Attendees will explore documentation requirements within the code and within COMcheck.
- Attendees will identify the methodology for determining code compliance using COMcheck.
- Attendees will understand the coordination required between the various disciplines to ensure compliance.