Lunchtime Learning w/ Rebecca Read
January 31, 2020
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
7550 Greenbriar Drive
Houston, TX 77030
Brought to you by the Committee on Architecture for Health
Committee on Architecture for Health invites you to join us for a Lunchtime Learning event on Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:00 - 1:00 pm.
Registration closes Friday, January 24 at noon. No onsite registration will be available. Everyone who plans to attend must pre-register.
Houston Methodist Hospital – Admin Building
7550 Greenbriar Drive
Houston TX 77030
Parking – Free Parking provided in the attached parking garage
THHSC – Architecture Review Unit presentation on upcoming State regulation revisions, by Rebecca Read, Manager, Architectural Review Unit, Health and Human Services Commission.
With the State of Texas looking to adopt new healthcare facility regulations this program will review those changes and the impacts of planning, design, and maintenance of health regulated facilities. Rebecca Read, Architecture Review Unit Manager, will cover the below items as well as take questions and have a discussion with the audience.
• Differences between 2012 and 2018 editions of both the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code (LSC) and NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code (HCFC)
• Invasive and non-invasive procedures and their space requirements, electrical, mechanical, and HVAC requirements
• Dietary spaces and nutritional service
• Mental health spaces and the requirements for different services provided to behavioral health patients
• Emergency electrical systems at inpatient and outpatient’s healthcare services
• Fire alarm proprietary monitoring and central station monitoring
• HVAC requirements and 2017 ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE 170: Ventilation of Health Care Facilities as it relates to healthcare
Rebecca Read has been with Texas Health and Human Services Commission (formerly Texas Department of State Health Services), in the Architectural Review Group (ARG) for over 9 years, serving as Manager for 4 years. She practiced in architectural firms for over 17 years, specializing in healthcare and institutional architecture. She is a graduate of University of Texas in Austin.
1.5 AIA HSW/LU
Lunch will be provided for all who RSVP
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
In Kind: Houston Methodist Hospital