Houston, TX 77003
Job Post Date: February 22, 2018
Accounting Coordinator - Houston Office
Method Architecture is a uniquely ego-free architecture firm, committed to a systematic creative process that focuses on clients and their needs first and foremost. Operating with the flexibility of a small firm, but with a big reach, Method is a full-service architecture firm specializing in tenant finish and ground-up projects encompassing industrial, corporate interiors, healthcare, hospitality, breweries, retail and more.
Job Overview: Accounting team member will perform a variety of accounting related tasks that will contribute to the overall success of the accounting department. This is a full-time employee position but we are open to discussing the option of a reduced schedule.
- Report to Accounting Manager and perform assigned tasks
- Input vendor invoices and checks into Quickbooks, scan and document accordingly
- Enter and code credit card transactions into Quickbooks
- Prepare and send invoices to clients
- Assist with payroll processing including employee reimbursables
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry a plus
- Bachelor degree in Business Accounting
- None required.
This information is to be treated as an overview of the position and not all encompassing of the role. The management team has the ability to assign other tasks as needed to ensure the success of the position.
Submit your resume with the subject line “Accounting Specialist Position” to JMcDonald@methodarchitecture.com. No hard copies, drop-ins, phone calls, or recruiter inquiries will be accepted.
Life at Method
Method Architecture’s employees participate in a collaborative work environment that facilitates the cultivation of fresh and exciting ideas to fulfill the specific needs of the client. Method is pleased to have an open approach to employment with an ego-free, positive environment for employees in which everyone can thrive.
Method Architecture offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 100% paid employee health, dental, vision, & life/AD&D insurance
- Retirement account with employer matching
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Company retreat
- Fitness programs
- Quarterly team building activities