Houston, TX 77042
Job Post Date: October 12, 2021
Architect / Construction Manager - Multi-family Highrise
Established in 1976, EDI is a global architecture, interior design and planning firm specializing in commercial, leisure, hospitality, residential, planning and landscape architecture projects.
Our commitment to innovation, technology and quality is recognized through more than 100 industry awards for excellence in planning, architecture and interior design services.
EDI offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k plan, flexible hours.
Visit our website at www.edi-international.com
We are seeking an enthusiastic, goal driven team member to join our architecture team.
All projects are directed by the Construction Administrator during the Construction Phase of the project. The Construction Administrator is the principal administrator and communications link between the firm and the Client, General Contractor, Consultants, and Public Authorities. All communications with these parties will generally be generated by the Construction Administrator or send under cover of his/her transmittal. This the day-to-day contact during the design phases – keeping the Principal or Director fully informed. During the construction phase, all communications will be generated by the Construction Administrator or sent under cover of this/her transmittal. The Construction Administrator is authorized to speak for the firm when dealing with a client or Contractor in matters concerning the interpretation of the contract documents and is directly responsible to both the Client and the firm for the successful execution of the project.
1. Be fully aware of the firm-client contract for the design of the project, and of the clients’ objectives. Satisfy the client’s goals.
2. Receive all incoming project information during Construction phase and distribute it to the design team and to outside consultants.
3. Review and provide responses to RFI’s.
4. Review and provide responses to Submittals.
5. Visit the project site at regular intervals. This will include travel to other areas. Confirm work meets design intent. Prepare observation reports.
6. Document and issue design clarifications via ASI’s.
7. Document and issue design changes via Change Order or Construction Change Directives.
8. Obtain the services of outside consultants when required.
9. Review and monitor the project schedule to meet Client and firm time objectives.
10. Notify the Principal of changes in project scope and prepare estimates for additional design fees.
11. Keep the Principal and the firm Accounting Department informed on the status of the project.
12. Schedule and attend meetings with Owner, Contractor and Consultants, as necessary. Travel within the US is required.
• 5 plus years experience
• Proficient with Revit, CAD and MS Office software
• Multi-family project experience preferred
• Architecture licensure preferred
• Experience with Procore, Plangrid preferred
• A critical thinker, able to solve problems with reality and cost in mind
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Travel is required for this position. Possibly job sites would be Phoenix, Las Vegas, Portland, Nashville
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
EDI International, PC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, EDI International, PC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EDI International, PC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment or retaliation based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.