Huitt-Zollars, Inc. / Architects
Groton, CT 06340
Job Post Date: September 10, 2019
Huitt-Zollars' Downtown Houston, TX office has two excellent Architect III opportunities. These full-time positions are excellent opportunities for professional growth and career advancement within an award winning design firm. The successful candidates will work collaboratively with a fantastic team of architects. They will be licensed architects in the State of Texas (or state with reciprocity). The roles assist the project architect and designer with various education/science and technology design projects using InDesign, Photoshop and 3D Rendering.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Translate and assist project architect and designer with documentation of construction assemblies.
• Researches materials and assemblies for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings as directed by a project manager.
• Creates BIM models and prepares design and construction drawings using information supplied by a supervisor or data obtained from research activities.
• Integrates information from consultants and suppliers into models and drawings.
• Constructs architectural models and prepares presentation boards for use by other staff in presenting to a client for approval.
• May be required to attend, record, and distribute meeting minutes and assist with general project correspondence.
• Bachelor's in Architecture from a NAAB accredited program
• Professional architectural license, Registered Texas Architect preferred or close to being registered
• 2-5 years of production experience working at an architectural practice
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D Rendering
• Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
• Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to collaborate with senior staff and team leaders
• Ability to prepare architectural documents and specifications for projects
• Ability to read redlines and modify BIM models or drawings
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey technical issues and design ideas
• Ability to design printed and digital documents
• Knowledge of building design and construction means, methods, and techniques
• Knowledge of architectural history and current architectural design discourse
• Awareness of sustainable design approaches
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: HDT128
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/w9ph68fx49mh5fr9