Melanie Eby333 Cypress Run, Suite 350
Houston, TX 77094
Job Post Date: March 11, 2020
Architect Project Leader - Houston TX
Blueline is an integrated project services firm providing strategic planning, architecture, and construction management for churches and other purpose-driven organizations. Blueline serves clients in the South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Midwest, and offices in Virginia and Texas with a total staff of 26 persons. The Project Leader manages day to day operations of projects.
Essential Duties and Functions:
1. Execute project work plans developed by Senior Project Leader
2. Manage and participate in discovery, design and delivery services in accordance with deliverables defined in the contract with the client
3. Regularly update project budget and schedule and submit and forward to Senior Project Manager and Client Service Leader for review
4. Proactively and regularly communicate with consultants (both internal and external) and strategic partners ensuring that their work is current, accurate and coordinated with Blueline work
5. Schedule and lead meetings with clients, contractors, vendors, government officials, other Blueline staff, etc. as necessary to maintain project schedule
6. Lead development of building code and regulatory compliance
7. Prepare documents for Quality Assurance Reviews as scheduled by Senior Project Leader
8. Along with other members of the CST and Blueline Leadership Team, cultivate and build mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
9. Other duties as assigned or required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. An architectural license with a minimum of five years’ experience is preferred.
2. Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Microsoft Office and other softeware used by the firm
3. Experience managing multiple projects
4. Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on time with precision and attention to detail
5. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
6. Effective communicator, both written and verbal
7. Initiative and professional drive
8. Highly ethical
9. Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Professional design degree
This position supervises Design Associates on the Client Service Team.
Client Service Teams will be regionally based.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours a week.
This position will involve frequent travel to client sites. Occasional travel to other Blueline offices will be necessary for training and planning.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.