Houston, TX 77007
Job Post Date: July 8, 2019
English + Associates Architects is a full-service architectural and interior design firm specializing in high-performance, green-design solutions. We are a company of professionals driven to exceed the expectations of our clients, committed to being good stewards of the environment, and support career development of our team members.
E+A has an opportunity for an architect to join our team. Ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience in the architectural field. This is a perfect opportunity for a self-starter to gain or demonstrate experience on a variety of project types and move up based on your performance and ability.
Responsibilities include: Participation as team leader or key team member on project design teams preparing and managing drawings from conceptual design through construction. Design activities include materials and design solutions research and implementation, and working with staff and Clients to develop drawings in Revit. May also include preparing or managing Energy models, day lighting studies, green design component research and design, and code review and compliance. Responsibilities include communicating with and coordinating the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors, internal team members, and clients. Additional responsibilities during construction include review of project submittals, field visits with preparation of field reports and punch lists.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture.
• Licensure or actively pursuing licensure.
• Self directed, ability to organize and lead, good time management skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in REVIT/BIM.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in rendering software, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or Acrobat a plus.
• LEED AP or LEED GA.
• Technical ability to develop, coordinate, and review construction documentation for design solutions.
• Understanding of building codes and ADA requirements.
• Ability to present in a meeting and work in a team environment.
• Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
• Understanding of energy modeling and daylight studies.
• Proficient in English language and grammar in both written and verbal communication.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
All interested candidates please submit your resume and design portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.