Melanie Eby333 Cypress Run, Suite 350
Houston, TX 77094
Job Post Date: September 14, 2021
Architectural Design Associate
You’re on a mission. Fortunately, so are we. That’s right, Blueline is hiring! Our award-winning team of professional architects, construction managers, and interior designers would love to speak with you about joining our team. If you like to help clients flourish and grow, and you understand that it’s not really about the building, but it’s about what happens inside it after our job is done, then please check out the immediate openings in our Houston, TX office.
Blueline is an integrated project services firm providing strategic planning, architecture, interior design, and construction management. Blueline serves clients in the South, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Midwest, with offices in Virginia and Texas. The Design Associate participates in all phases of Discovery, Design and Delivery.
1. Assist with the preparation of architectural plans and renderings
2. Assist with the research of products and techniques for their use
3. Assist with the production of design concepts initiated by others
4. Assist with documentation of existing buildings in the field and the production of supporting digital documentation (plans, elevations, existing conditions, etc.)
5. Create BIM models containing plans, sections, elevations, and details necessary for drawing sets and construction documents for clients and building contractors, according to firm standards
6. Participate in meetings with clients, contractors, vendors, government officials, etc.
7. Assist in the development of code-compliance strategies.
8. Assist Project Leader with project assignments, to meet deadlines and coordinate all personal work in conjunction with senior staff
9. Assist with office tasks as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
1. Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Microsoft Office and other software used by the firm
2. Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to complete projects on time with precision and attention to detail
3. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
4. Possess a desire to learn, accept direction and be mentored by Project Leaders and other senior staff
5. Effective communicator, both written and verbal
6. Initiative and professional drive
7. Highly ethical
8. Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Education:Professional design degree
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Work Environment: Client Service Teams will be regionally based.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., 40-45 hrs. a week.
This position will involve travel to client sites. Occasional travel to other Blueline offices will be necessary for training and planning.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Blueline Holding Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer