Houston, TX 77007
Job Post Date: July 8, 2019
English + Associates Architects is a full-service architectural and interior design firm specializing in high-performance, green-design solutions. We are a company of professionals driven to exceed the expectations of our clients, committed to being good stewards of the environment, and support career development of our team members.
E+A has an opportunity for an architectural intern to join our team. Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in the architectural field. This is a perfect opportunity for an entry level self-starter to gain experience on a variety of project types and move up based on your performance and ability to learn quickly.
Responsibilities include: Participation on project design teams producing drawings from conceptual design renderings to final Construction Documents. Design activities include materials and design solutions research and implementation, working with senior staff to develop drawings in Revit. May also include preparing Energy models, day lighting studies, green design component research and design, and code review. Responsibilities include preparation of documents in concert with internal team members, under the direction of the project team leader. Additional responsibilities during construction include assisting senior staff with review of project submittals, field visits with preparation of field reports and punch lists.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture.
• Self directed, organized, ability to focus on task, and possess good time management skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in REVIT/BIM.
• Proficiency in rendering software.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
• LEED AP or LEED GA preferred.
• Understanding of energy modeling and daylight studies.
• Proficient in English language and grammar in both written and verbal communication.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
All interested candidates please submit your resume and design portfolio to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.