Trace Livengood7010 Easy Wind Drive
Austin, TX 78752
Job Post Date: July 14, 2021
Architectural Project Designer | Architectural Intern (Remote)
The Architectural Project Designer | Architectural Intern position is designated for a full-time employee who, with the assistance of a project manager or principal, is able to design and produce schematic design, design development, and construction documents and observe construction for architectural projects. In addition, all OPA Design Studio staff are expected to actively promote the values of the firm and contribute to achieving the company’s goals as contributing members of a cohesive, close-knit team. Current projects include Craft Production, Multi-family Residential, Restaurant & Bar, Office, Adaptive Reuse, and Urban Planning.
All OPA employees are currently permitted to work remotely and/or in a hybrid remote/on-site flexible studio environment in accordance with all applicable health and safety orders and best practices.
• Proficient with the following software: AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bluebeam, and the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Develops (with assistance) design and construction drawings.
• Assists in the day-to-day operations of the office as necessary, including such activities as document production and answering phone calls.
• Graduate of an NAAB-accredited School of Architecture.
• Working towards licensure as an Architect or Planning certified professional in the field of design.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit or similar industry-standard software drafting program.
• At least 1 year of in-office architectural internship/designer experience required.
• Access to transportation to meet as needed and in a timely manner with consultants, clients, and vendors.
• Ability to draw freehand and draft with a standard computer.
• Ability to complete typical office physical activity to a reasonable level of difficulty such as lifting file boxes and carrying sets of drawings without direct assistance.
• Ability to consistently maintain professional appearance and deportment at all times.
• Possess strong interpersonal communications and collaboration skills and team-focused mindset.
• Possess a proactive, self-motivated, and creative approach to problem solving.
• Ability to effectively work, communicate, and coordinate productive efforts remotely with company-issued equipment.
• Limited travel may be required.
• Competitive and negotiable based upon level of experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this organizational job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
More information about OPA Design Studio may be found at www.designopa.com.
If interested in this position, please submit your cover letter, resume or C.V., and portfolio for review.
Job Type: Full-time