Jennifer Baines6600 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, TX 75240
Job Post Date: September 12, 2023
Architectural Project Manager
The role of Project Manager is to actively manage multiple projects providing oversight at the various stages of pre-design, design, bid document preparation and construction administration. You will be working with clients, contractors, consulting engineers and Claycomb staff to provide client representation for the duration of a project. You will regularly attend School Board Meetings and Construction Meetings.
• Maintain a cheerful outlook to best relate to your clients and teammates.
• Be the point person for coordination of multi-million-dollar projects.
• Visit construction jobsites, client offices and school campuses.
• Conduct design meetings with your clients and teammates as well as Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and preconstruction meetings for building systems to set expectations.
• Orchestrate verbal and graphic communication with the client and project team.
• Prepare, distribute, and maintain various forms of documentation (drawings, specification, shop submittals, meeting minutes, schedules, budgets, and project updates).
• Observe and record field conditions and deviations from the contract documents by creating site visit reports and punch lists with photo documentation.
• Coordinate clarifications to contractor questions based on site observations.
• Prepare and present information to your clients.
• Initiative-taking approach to collaboration and communication with your clients, team, and contractors.
• Prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects including their deadlines.
• Read and understand drawings, specifications, and critical path scheduling.
• Work with industry standard software including REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office.
• Technical knowledge of architectural systems.
• General understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, industry standards, building construction materials/systems and means and methods.
• General understanding of civil, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and low voltage systems.