Fort Worth, TX 76102
Job Post Date: October 18, 2017
Architectural Specification Writer
For 50 years, Huckabee has designed learning environments in Texas. We are one of the fastest growing architectural / engineering firms in the nation and one of the top firms dedicated to education. We are consistently noted in industry publications for growth, workplace environment and innovation, recently being named Zweig Group’s #1 Best Firms to Work For. Education is our business. What we do matters. Which is why we hire the best. We’re looking for hard-working, eager and thoughtful candidates who are ready to work in a team environment and create an impact of excellence.
We are currently seeking a, Architectural Specification Writer to join our team. This position is responsible for preparing project specifications, enhancing and maintaining master specifications and determining innovative ways to meet client needs through the construction specification delivery process.
• Perform Quality Control review of all projects at various phases of development.
• Recognize design and technical problems and develop solutions or make recommendations.
• Reviews drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinates compliance with project requirements, standards, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations, and codes.
• Develop project specifications as required for all projects.
• Consult with Designer, Associate Principals, and Project Leaders to meet deadlines, check quality, and ensure deliverables meet Huckabee standards.
• Research new products, review new technology, and systems.
• Attend client and consultant meetings as needed.
• Assists project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
• Provides continual development and improvement of Huckabee Master Specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content.
• Have knowledge of LEED and sustainable practices used in Huckabee designs.
• Ability to coordinate with teams while needing little supervision or direction.
• Capable of working on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
• Professional demeanor and clear communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of building materials and the construction process.
• Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
• Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, BSD, and SpecLink-E Software preferred
• Three years of industry experience required; industries could include architecture, engineering, construction administration, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering or equivalent in education or experience required
• Construction Specifications Institute Certification preferred.