Bellaire, TX 77401
Job Post Date: February 18, 2020
Associate Architectural Designer
The Associate Architectural Designer works on small and mid-sized projects under the direction of the Project Manager, manages daily proceedings of assigned projects, provides design input and prepares design and construction documents at all project phases. The Associate Architectural Designer may be a licensed architect or unlicensed architectural designer with a professional degree in architecture and a minimum 2 years’ experience.
• Manages daily proceedings of individual small and mid-sized projects, including maintaining project files.
• Produces Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents for projects, including 3D modeling, floorplans, elevations, sections and details.
• Prepares documents and applications for planning and permitting purposes, managing comment review, response and drawing submittal/resubmittal.
• Manages construction administration on small and mid-sized projects with input of the Project Manager, including site visits, project meetings, submittals and RFIs.
• Prepares and presents feasibility reports and design proposals to the client under the supervision and direction of a Project Manager.
• Consultants with other design professionals about project as it develops and moves through documentation and construction administration
• Collaborates with Project Manager to work within project budgets and deadlines.
• Participates in project team meetings, both internally and with clients, consultants and/or contractors
• Researches and finds reference material for projects, including building material research.
• Independently performs most assignments with instruction as to the general direction expected.
• Under minimal supervision and guidelines, tackles unusual design and technical challenges within large projects. Ensures daily tasks are completed.
• Strong problem-solving and teamwork skills.
• Works well in a team setting to complete all project tasks within a given time frame.
• Ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Knowledgeable in architectural standards, engineering practices, building ordinances and documentation standards in order to communicate effectively with clients and project team.
• Working experience Revit.
Mirador Group is a multi-disciplinary design firm located in Houston, Texas. We are an integrated team of experienced professionals with backgrounds in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, planning and urban design.
Our portfolio includes a variety of project types including both Commercial and Residential projects including:
• Mid and High-Rise Multi-Family Infill Projects
• Single Family Residences
• Master Planning of Residential Planned Communities
• Landscape Design
• Mixed-use Development Projects
• Retail Lease Spaces
• Tenant Lease Spaces
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of requests to join our team, we are only able to contact those candidates that we feel best match our current staffing need.