Austin, TX 78602
Job Post Date: March 11, 2020
Associate, Project Architect
Sensory Interactive translates client goals and objectives into powerful platforms built for showcasing experiential, revenue-generating, informational and targeted digital media communications. We work with some of the world’s largest and prestigious real estate developers and investment banking groups, healthcare organizations, casino operators, corporations, pro-sports teams, and public institutions, and our high-profile projects cover the spectrum from master planning, to digital urban experiences, interactive educational exhibits, large format digital art experiences, sports arena display programs, and Times Square LED spectaculars. Our team consistently works at the leading edge of digital media technology and experiential design to create the industry’s most memorable and compelling environments.
Members of our diverse nationally based teams have backgrounds in architecture, real estate, construction, engineering, content development, technology, and media sales. We're united in our desire to break down the barriers between disciplines and collaborate on work that exceeds our clients' expectations. We're also having fun doing it, with a company culture that supports a healthy work-life balance.
As a team member at Sensory interactive, you'll let the world know about how to combine digital experiences with physical spaces to foster new kinds of user interactions. Our multidisciplinary approach and cross-industry project portfolio are putting our firm on the leading edge of technologies and business models that are changing built environments around the world.
The Austin Studio
The Project Architect works with the design and strategy team in our Austin studio, a bright, modern space in a renovated warehouse building in the heart of historic east Austin. The office is surrounded by some of the city’s best dining and entertainment options and is just blocks away from the Plaza Saltillo Metrorail Station. Members of the design and strategy team also travel regularly to project locations across the country and to Sensory Interactive offices in New York, Boston, and Washington DC.
As a Project Architect, you will play a key role in the coordination and execution of Sensory Interactive projects. Using strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you will be working at the leading edge of the industry, finding new ways to effectively integrate digital and interactive media into the built environment and developing detailed plans for the implementation of these projects.
• Provide technical leadership and documentation coordination including the development of design drawings and technical documentation, as well as leading project team assignments.
• Lead production of schematic design, design development, and RFP exhibit documentation; make decisions and negotiate critical issues in collaboration with the Project Manager.
• Perform construction administration duties (e.g., RFIs, RFPs, change orders, etc.)
• Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
• Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with the Project Manager.
• Maintain contact with clients, consultants, and contractors.
• Participate in marketing efforts and possibly lead presentations to prospective clients.
• Direct, organize and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
• Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an architectural practice. Licensure preferred but not required.
• Experience in all phases of design documentation and construction administration. Experience in both interior and exterior practice areas a plus.
• Five years of experience developing details and providing planning and design support in the preparation of design documents.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to execute on multiple simultaneous
• Familiarity with Mac OS, 3D modeling, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office software applications.
• Salesforce knowledge a plus.
• Ability to travel and maintain a flexible schedule.
• Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
• 401K profit-sharing plan
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
• Employee cell phone plan reimbursement
• Employee referral bonuses
• Wellness incentives
• Continuing education
This is a full-time position in Austin, Texas. To be considered for the position or for all other inquiries please email your resume/portfolio to email@example.com.