Krystyn Haecker6575 West Loop South
Bellaire, TX 77401
Job Post Date: December 21, 2021
Associate Residential Designer
The Associate Residential Designer works primarily on residential single-family projects under the direction of the Project Manager, manages daily proceedings of assigned projects, produces and contributes to residential project design and residential design presentations, and prepares design and construction documents at all project phases. The Associate Residential Designer may be a licensed architect or unlicensed designer with a professional degree in architecture and a minimum 2 years’ residential architectural design experience.
• Manages daily proceedings of individual residential single-family projects, including maintaining project files.
• Creates and develops overall residential design concepts, creates design presentations, participates in producing design drawings, and contributes to residential project design development.
• Conducts residential project programming efforts, such as space planning, layouts and utilizations.
• Produces Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents for residential projects, including 3D modeling, floorplans, elevations, sections and details.
• Prepares documents and applications for planning and permitting purposes, managing comment review, response and drawing submittal/resubmittal.
• Manages construction administration on residential single-family projects with input of the Project Manager, including site visits, project meetings, submittals and RFIs.
• Prepares and presents feasibility reports and design proposals to the client under the supervision and direction of a Project Manager.
• Consultants with other design professionals about project as it develops and moves through documentation and construction administration
• Collaborates with Project Manager to work within project budgets and deadlines.
• Participates in project team meetings, both internally and with clients, consultants and/or contractors
• Researches and finds reference material for projects, including building material research.
• Independently performs most assignments with instruction as to the general direction expected.
• Under minimal supervision and guidelines, tackles unusual design and technical challenges within large projects. Ensures daily tasks are completed.
• Minimum 2 years of residential single-family architectural design experience
• Strong problem-solving and teamwork skills.
• Works well in a team setting to complete all project tasks within a given time frame.
• Experience creating and developing overall residential architectural design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of trends in architectural design.
• Ability to function in all phases of project development from schematic design through construction administration.
• Knowledgeable in architectural standards, engineering practices, building ordinances and documentation standards in order to communicate effectively with clients and project team.
• Working experience in SketchUp, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
Mirador Group is a multi-disciplinary design firm located in Houston, Texas. We are an integrated team of experienced professionals with backgrounds in architecture, interior design, planning and urban design.
Our portfolio includes a variety of project types including both Commercial and Residential projects including:
Mixed-use Development Projects
Retail Lease Spaces
Tenant Lease Spaces
Mid and High-Rise Multi-Family Infill Projects
Single Family Residences
Master Planning of Residential Planned Communities