Austin, TX 78756
Job Post Date: August 8, 2019
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a BIM Manager staff member for our Austin, Texas office. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in larger projects such as hotels, mixed-use developments, multi-story office and residential developments.
Our work includes residential, commercial, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as aggressive compensation, generous benefits, and steady profit sharing.
Based in Austin, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant recent work includes Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The Line hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
Responsibilities to include:
• Maintain BIM standards and processes
• Manage and update BIM content and template
• Create BIM content including families, templates and rendering tools
• Mentor and train staff on BIM processes and techniques
• Review BIM models for adherence to standards and clash detection
• Assist with overall project Quality Control
• Participate in planning and execution strategies for BIM development within the office
• Collaboration on Construction Documents and Construction Administration
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with BIM in the industry
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Excel, Bluebeam, Autodesk 360
• Experience creating BIM content, troubleshooting BIM issues, and implementing solutions in varied situations
• Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
• Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
• Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
• Highly motivated self-starter
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to email@example.com
No phone calls please.