Leasa Roy6990 Portwest Dr Ste 190
Houston, TX 77024
Job Post Date: September 29, 2017
Design Associate I
Newberry Architecture offers a high-performance, highly creative environment that’s built on mutual respect, collaboration, and a commitment to supporting the personal and professional goals of our team members.
We look for people who share our passion for excellence and our belief that architecture should make a positive contribution to the lives and well being of the clients we serve, and we encourage a constructive balance among work, life, and career.
So if you’re looking for a place where exceptional quality is the norm and success is a shared rather than an individual experience, then Newberry Architecture may be the place for you.
• Uses office design standards to create plans, elevations, details, electrical, etc. with direction from Senior Design Associates, Project Managers or upper management
• Accurately reviews, redlines and corrects own work
• Successful in researching, identifying and comprehending applicable codes and restrictions on a project by project basis
• Accurately documents existing structures and/or conditions and produces “as built” drawings and documentation
• Follows project schedules
• Meets deadlines
• Maintains own schedule
• Completes projects within the allotted hours
• Adheres to project scope
• Communicates with team concerning design questions, details, schedules & budgets
• In the process of obtaining a Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Interior Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design or other firm approved degree and one year of full time experience in architecture or interior design
or 3 years of full time professional experience in architecture or interior design
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD or other firm approved software capable of producing drawings within the office standards
• The ability to produce drawings in accordance with office standards
• Manages self
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within!
- Fun, relaxed work environment with an open concept, we’ll become like family!
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) including company match
- Flex Time
- Half-Friday options
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Work/Life Balance
- Performance Bonuses
- Architectural and/or LEED Registration reimbursement for passing exams
- Annual Company Picnic
- Team Building Events twice a year
- Birthday Celebrations
- Free Parking, lol