Katie Burch107 South Baylor
Brenham, TX 77833
Job Post Date: November 27, 2019
Design Team Leader/Senior Architect
PlanNorth is a regional, boutique architecture firm based in Brenham, Texas. We believe in creating wonderful opportunities for individual people through a design community. The PlanNorth culture does not attract every person, nor does it attempt to. The TEDx talk entitled “How to Treat Top Performers Like Leaders,” presented by PlanNorth’s Katie Burch, sheds light on the culture and type of people PlanNorth attracts. A “Top 20” is a person who operates at the top 20% of a typical company’s workforce. They achieve more than their “share” of work because…that’s who they are. We believe that there is nothing that an employer can do to cause a Top 20 to work harder, to control their ideas, or to limit their need for the satisfaction which they get only through purposeful work and creativity. We are looking for self-‐starters and excellent communicators who share our philosophy about team work.
PlanNorth is currently seeking applications for a Licensed Architect with experience in medium to large scale Academic, Athletic, Municipal and/or Commercial architecture. Candidates for the position must be enthusiastic problem solvers with incredibly effective communication skills. A Texas Architectural license (or NCARB reciprocity) and 10-20+ years’ experience are prerequisites for this position.
Architects at PlanNorth are proven and proficient in the industry-typical design tools: Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketchup, hand-sketching, and physical study-model building. PlanNorth designers are encouraged to explore concept design in the media(s) of their choice, while construction documents are prepared in Revit. A very high degree of concept and planning skills and superior client service are standard at PlanNorth.
For this position, we will hire the candidate who is determined to be the best fit in the following categories:
1. The ability to competently and confidently lead meetings with clients, presenting ideas and professionally accepting feedback for integration into the design
2. Possesses truly excellent design taste/skills and has the ability to advise clients accordingly, therefore earning the trust of clients
3. The proven ability to lead and coordinate 3D/BIM modeling within a design team of varying experience levels
4. Leadership in creating/implementing graphic production of presentations with design team support
5. A solid ability to develop new approaches to challenges encountered
6. Ease and success in communication with other engineering disciplines, contractors and local authorities
7. A willingness to incorporate best practices and provide QA/QC conformity leadership
8. Experience in establishing a project’s timeline, budgeting, staffing and contractual requirements successfully
Benefits package includes competitive wages commensurate with experience, health Insurance, flexible paid time off of the likes you have never seen, retirement/401K assistance, and paid holidays. Interested Architects will contact Katie Burch at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call directly at 979-251-4145. Qualified applicants only.