Houston, TX 77008
Job Post Date: February 7, 2020
Designer and Project Assistant
The selected applicant will take part in the development of interior renovations, remodels and limited scope additions and ground up building design solutions in collaboration with the design-build team through all project phases.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assess client needs, analyze and document design intents and spatial requirements through client meetings, programming, field measuring and space planning.
• Conceptual development of interior spaces, three-dimensional conceptual development, interior elevations, details, ceilings/lighting and finishes.
• Calculate and select materials, develop finish palettes, consult with vendors, and inform project specifications.
• Create quality drawings in conformance with project timeline, budget and quality parameters.
• Collaborate with our design-build team throughout the design process and project phases; programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration and provide support as needed..
• Demonstrate a cooperative, positive and supportive team engagement within the design studio.
• Candidate shall have a Bachelor degree in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture or candidate shall be in final year of accredited professional design program.
• 6 months to 3 years related experience working on residential and/or multi-family interiors projects is essential.
• Strong conceptual design abilities.
• Strong technical skills and basic knowledge of building and life safety codes.
• Excellent communication skills are essential as well as proven exceptional graphic skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCad, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
• Capabilities of modeling/rendering (Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, Vray, etc.) are encouraged.