Houston, TX 77024
Job Post Date: August 16, 2019
Executive VP, Architectural and Technology Solutions
Responsible for leading the assigned sales and operations teams in developing relationships, generating sales, and delivering quality architecture and technology products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish a high performing culture and facilitate the organizational transformation to enable the team to exceed sales goals and deliver exemplary customer service
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and buying “influencers”, including general contractors, architects, designers, project managers and strategic vendors, to stay abreast of market trends, to maintain an understanding of customers’ needs, and to facilitate business growth
• Partner with leadership team to create and implement a vision and strategy for the department in alignment with McCoy Rockford’s vision, leveraging knowledge of market trends and customers’ needs; continually communicate vision and strategy with team to actively engage them in making it a reality
• Develop and execute strategy for achieving annual sales goals
• Develop metrics to track productivity and effectiveness; work with organizational leadership to improve current processes, procedures, and tools to optimize productivity and ensure ease of doing business with McCoy Rockford
• Optimize operations by fully leveraging technology and available tools
• Initiate regular two-way communication with customers about their expectations and take the lead in articulating and implementing customer focused strategy build on systematic and regular data collection.
• Appropriately delegate supervisory responsibility to subordinates & provide coaching to managers and supervisors.
• Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consult with human resources as appropriate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
• Minimum of 5 years’ successful experience in an outside sales management role
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with architectural and technology solutions such as: moveable and demountable wall systems, sound masking systems, conference room electronic reservation and management systems
• Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university strongly preferred
• Must be able to build relationships with external clients, vendors, and internal clients
• Must have superior leaderships skills and the ability to develop and inspire employees while holding them accountable
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communications skills
• Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to make critical business decisions with limited information and time
• Must demonstrate tact, salesmanship, and good negotiating skills
• Must have mathematical aptitude
Position can be located in Houston or Austin.