Huitt-Zollars, Inc. / Architects
Houston, TX 77002
Job Post Date: August 20, 2019
Healthcare Architectural Intern
Huitt-Zollars, Inc. has a full-time Healthcare Architectural Intern opportunity at our Downtown Houston, TX office. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture and 5 years of architectural design experience of which 4 years were focused on healthcare delivery for mid-size and large healthcare institutions. The role works with minimal supervision producing design and construction drawings for healthcare architectural projects, applying knowledge of design, building materials and assemblies.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the project manager on Houston Healthcare projects with increasing responsibility over time in an environment that fosters mentorship, career development and advancement. This position is great for a candidate who would like to join an award winning firm and work collaboratively with a fantastic team of architects.
HZ is a leading full-services design firm providing innovating planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction / program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We are growing our Healthcare division in Houston and are looking for Architectural Interns that are willing to grow, learn and mentor. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
• Collaborate with team leaders through all phases of design process, from design concept inception through completion of construction documents.
• Research materials and assemblies for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings as directed by a supervisor
• Learn and apply a variety of code requirements and standards as they develop expertise
• Ensure client satisfaction by applying quality control processes to work
• Create BIM models and prepare design and construction drawings with information provided by supervisor or data obtained from research.
• Integrate information from consultant and suppliers into models and drawings
• Construct architectural models and prepare presentation boards for use by other staff in presenting to a client for approval
• Intern II conduct site visit under supervision and assist with documentation findings
• Process contractor submittals by logging in the submittals and routing them to appropriate party for review
• Assist Project Manager in writing and prepare graphic materials for presentations or documents
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
• Strong interest in healthcare design and implementation of small projects
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat
• Newforma, Vision,Navisworks, Revit, ACA, and/or Vectorworks
• Knowledge of building design and construction means, methods and techniques
• Knowledge of architectural principles, practices, and standard operations
• Knowledge of standard operations, policies and procedures of a firm within the A/E industry
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to prepare architectural documents and specifications for projects
• Ability to read redlines and modify BIM models or drawings accordingly
• Ability to write clearly to communicate technical issues and design ideas
• Ability to present in a meeting and work in a team environment
• Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks
HZ offers a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: HDT185
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/xgzgtk4g83hmxh27