Austin, TX 78704
Job Post Date: September 14, 2017
Interior Designer - Multiple Positions
studioSIX5, an Austin-based interior design firm specializing in senior living communities, is looking for dynamic and qualified Interior Designers, Senior Interior Design Coordinators, Specification Writer/Install Coordinator,Furnishings Designer and a Design Resource Coordinator to join our team. Our firm creates environments that celebrate life for senior living communities throughout the continental United States, and seeks only the most talented individuals who want an opportunity to grow professionally and enhance our practice.
Our ideal candidates are talented interior designers with the desire to be in a creative and collaborative office. Individuals in this position will work on multiple projects simultaneously, so the ability to stay organized and be solution oriented is important. Candidates should also have a strong sense of self-accountability, high attention to detail, and sound judgment.
Information about each position can be found on our careers page of our website.
To apply, send letter of interest, résumé and electronic portfolio to:
Elizabeth Humphrey, HR Manager
studioSIX5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information about us, visit www.studioSIX5.com or Like Us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
● Effectively monitors project tasks, deadlines, and reports progress to Design Coordinator and Project Designer Manager.
● Communicates daily with design team on project performance as needed.
● Develops plans and interior architecture in the direction communicated by the Project Design Manager and Design Coordinator.
● Makes all finish and furnishings selections that align with project design parameters.
● Ensures furniture plans meet project and senior ergonomic requirements.
● Develops and leads/assists in client presentations.
● Ensures presentation graphics meet studioSIX5 standards.
● Effectively and accurately documents drawings and answers detailed design related questions.
● Follows and maintains systems for managing work flow as directed by Design Coordinator.
● Attends project furnishings installations for final accessorizing and punch list.
● Continuously seeks advanced training programs from CAD manager relative to improving Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop capabilities.
● 3-7 years of experience as a Design Team member in an Architectural/Interior Design firm is preferred.
● Experience in Senior Living, Hospitality, or Healthcare is a plus.
● Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design/Interior Architecture from a CIDA accredited program.
● Demonstrates ability to work independently or as part of a team and is an avid learner.
● Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to follow a task to completion
● Ability to be proactive and maintain a positive attitude with a resourceful approach.
● Must be able to work with urgent deadlines, multiple priorities and multiple team members.
● Advanced computer skills to include AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite is required.