Basalt, CO 81621
Job Post Date: July 30, 2019
CCY Architects is a creative, nimble, 30-plus person firm based in Basalt, CO (20-minute drive from Aspen). The firm has been recognized with more than 100 awards, including the AIA Western Mountain Region’s “Architectural Firm of the Year” in 2017. It also enjoys the distinction of having had two of its partners, John Cottle and Larry Yaw, elevated to the College of Fellows for their contribution to design, an achievement both rare and esteemed in the profession.
The firm’s project types include boutique hospitality,recreational/commercial mixed-use, resort on-mountain, legacy community buildings, and exceptionally sophisticated residential, both nationally and abroad.
CCY is seeking an Interior Design professional to join our Interiors Studio and collaborative culture!
The ideal interiors candidate will work collaboratively with the Interiors Studio and architectural project team, assisting with the overall effort in meeting deliverable milestones, including supporting design, development, and documentation for all phases of projects, and project types.
- Support the development of project design and documentation
- Assist with developing finish material palettes and presentation materials
- Assist with FF&E specifications and materials
- Assist in maintaining the materials library
- Conduct material and product research for projects
- Work in close collaboration with Interiors Studio Director, Project Managers, and the overall project team.
A Professional Degree in Architecture and/or Interior Design from an accredited College or University as well as 3 or more years of experience working in the profession are required. Candidates shall possess strong technical, creative, and interpersonal skills. Be able to provide knowledgeable design input on a range of project elements, further design quality, and interact effectively with the project team. Must demonstrate an understanding of the industry, and have sound judgement of what constitutes exemplary architecture / interior design and appropriate level of documentation. Strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills required. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3 + years of applied professional work experience
- NAAB-accredited degree in Architecture and/or professional degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program
- An understanding of how to assemble a full set of construction documents
- Detailing experience
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
- Knowledge of FF&E, architectural/interior finishes
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills required
- Approach work with creative curiosity and ability to work in a team environment
For consideration, email your cover letter, resume and examples of work (as a single PDF document) to email@example.com with INTERIORS as the subject line.