Roxanne Wimmel1722 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77005
Job Post Date: January 11, 2022
To support and participate with a design team to create functionally beautiful spaces for residential clients while using industry knowledge, design experience, and innovative design concepts and creativity, all while keeping within the Wimmel DC aesthetic.
1. To work on projects from all phases of design through installment, including but not limited to: CAD drawings, 3D Modeling, hard & soft finish selection, sourcing, procurement, scheduling, and installation.
2. Work directly with team to create and present presentation boards to include Drawings. renderings, mood boards, FF&E surface materials, color palettes, and lighting.
3. Generate plan specifications based on client needs and contract requirements.
4. Provide design support and administration during completion and execution of design concepts.
5. Source and work with outside vendors to procure and coordinate all furniture, fixtures & accessories.
6. Manage multiple projects at once.
7. Read and understand construction project specifications and drawings.
8. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, organize, and prioritize work with attention to details to maintain a timely project schedule.
1. 3+ years (minimum) of Architecture and/or Interior Design experience, preferably from a design specific residential firm.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited school.
3. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Excel required.
4. Knowledge in Studio Designer, Revit & ArchiCAD a plus.
5. Knowledge of design requirements, construction methods and materials for high-end residential environments.
6. Great ability to multi-task, work independently as well as a team, organized, ambitious and self-motivated.
7. Field experience on a construction site. Must be able to communicate & implement design solutions with construction managers and tradesmen quickly and efficiently.
8. Must be great at follow through & time management.
9. Available to work flexible hours.
10. Reliable car and willing to travel.
11. Ability to help haul heavy samples and small furniture items during presentations and/or installations.
12. Familiar with Houston Design Store & Design Centers.
13. Knowledge of Architecture & Interior Design history.
14. Able to provide work samples at Interview.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter that tells us a little about you to email@example.com. Wimmel DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.