Joycelyn Morris14139 Huffmeister Road
Cypress, TX 77429
Job Post Date: August 22, 2019
Licensed Architect or Architectural Intern
Morris + Associates is expanding and looking for licensed architects or architectural interns who thrive in an entrepreneurial, client-focused environment. For 50 years, Morris + Associates has provided top-quality engineering and architectural services for major corporate, military, and municipal clients. Employees at Morris + Associates enjoy the opportunity to be hands on and involved with the entire project workflow. We have a unique position in the marketplace with our core expertise of civil engineering, architecture, 3D scanning, and fuel system design all under one roof. Please refer to our website at morrisassoc.com to learn more about our work and clients.
We have a team of engineers and architects who collaborate on retail, military, convenience store, automotive, municipal, fleet facilities, and other fuel-focused projects. Presently, we are seeking team members with 4-8 years of experience in basic architecture. Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit is necessary, along with the ability to setup, work with and create drawings. Experience with code (IBC, IFC) and working with AHJ is helpful. Licensure is a plus and encouraged, but not essential. Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients is a must. Some travel may be required.
Follows essential scope of work information in every manner necessary to clients, senior management, team members, subordinates, outside consultants, construction professionals, suppliers, and authorities having jurisdiction.
• Uses invention, imagination, originality, and talent to create detailed drawings and can make changes on drawings using AutoCAD/Revit/BIM.
• Contributes to the project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
• Working with the project manager, identifies clients’ needs and aligns them with building codes, specific standards, guidelines and other regulations to develop feasibility reports, project schedules and write proposals.
• Maintains accurate records necessary for billing and communication.
• Communicates with team members and consultants assigned to the project to successfully bring projects in on time, on budget and with a quality customer experience.
• Working with the project manager, monitors and adheres to project budgets and implements change orders in a timely manner with clients.
• Working with the project manager compiles project specifications to guide the work.
• Collaborates with other team members and consultants assigned to the project.
• Embraces the practice of ‘sharpening the saw’ and continue to learn and advance their skills, technological capabilities, and understanding of clients and business. Maintain annual continuing education requirements and current licensure, if applicable. Remains current with familiarity with applicable codes.
• Travels locally, regionally, nationally or internationally as needed to perform work at project sites and meet with clients.
• By working for this firm, embrace the entrepreneurial ethic and be willing to perform duties not specific to your job description as requested and needed.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master degree in Architecture from an NAAB Accredited program.
Experience: Licensed Architect or actively working in pursuit of licensure.
Tenure: 6+ years in the field
• Proficient, hands on skills in AutoCAD, Revit and/or BIM.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Effective communicator with command of written, oral and presentation capabilities
• Attention to detail and grammar in written work, and in all other areas of responsibility
• Detailed and accurate about drawings, design, regulations, billing and time keeping
• Capable of being client focused and budget focused with projects
• Strong work ethic
• Must be highly organized, motivated, self-starter with an aptitude for learning.
This is a full-time position and the salary range is commensurate with capabilities. Morris + Associates is in Cypress, Texas and offers competitive compensation and benefits (currently, 100% of medical insurance for employees).