Morris + Associates
Joycelyn Morris14139 Huffmeister Rd
Cypress, TX 77429
Job Post Date: January 18, 2023
Morris + Associates had an exciting 2022. Our company increased from 10 to 16 team members and we were recently acquired by Godspeed Capital Markets and became part of their Stratus Team. Please refer to the links below for more information.
We continue to have client demand for more architectural work. As a result, we need to add more talent to our architectural team. We came across your impressive background and are currently looking for seasoned talent. A licensed architect or an architectural candidate working towards licensure would be preferred, but not essential. Perhaps you are interested in a change. Perhaps working in the Cypress, Texas area would be more convenient for you.
We are honored to have national brands like Circle K, Take 5 Oil Change/Carwash, and TXDot, and the Army and Airforce Exchange as clients. Should you want to visit by phone or to receive the job description or other information about the company, feel free to email me at Joycelyn@morrisasoc.com or call me at 832-653-3335. I'd also be happy to connect you with members of our senior team to meet up for coffee and a visit. BTW, our benefits are good and only expected to get stronger with our new owner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides direction, leadership, management to team members and consultants assigned to the project to successfully bring projects in on time, on budget and with a quality customer experience.
• Communicates essential scope of work information in every manner necessary to clients, senior management, team members, subordinates, outside consultants, construction professionals, suppliers, and authorities having jurisdiction.
• Uses invention, imagination, originality, and talent to create detailed drawings and is capable of making changes on drawings using AutoCAD/Revit.
• Controls the project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
• Identifies clients’ needs and aligns them with building codes, specific standards, guidelines and other regulations to develop feasibility reports, project schedules and write proposals.
• Maintains accurate records necessary for billing, communication and project management.
• Monitors and adheres to project budgets and implements change orders in a timely manner with clients.
• Compiles project specifications to guide the work.
• Collaborates with and manages other team members and consultants assigned to the project.
• Embraces the practice of ‘sharpening the saw’ and continue to learn and advance their skills, technological capabilities, and understanding of clients and business. Maintain annual continuing education requirements and current licensure, if applicable. Remains current with familiarity with applicable building codes.
• Travels locally, regionally, nationally or internationally as needed to perform work at project sites and meet with clients.
• By working for this firm, embrace the entrepreneurial ethic and be willing to perform duties not specific to your job description as requested and needed.
Education: Degreed architectural professional from an accredited university
Experience: 5+ years in the field
• Proficient, hands on skills in AutoCAD, Revit and/or Civil3D
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Effective communicator with command of written, oral and presentation capabilities
• Detailed and accurate about drawings, design, regulations, billing and time keeping
• Capable of being client focused and budget focused in managing projects
Licenses: AIA, American Institute of Architects. At a minimum, licensed in Texas.
• Maintains a valid Texas driver’s license
• Reliable personal transportation to travel locally to job sites
• Cell phone and service
• Capable of standing for 1 hour and lifting 30 pounds
• Clear record of criminal history and driving record confirmed with background check (required for military contracts)
• Morris + Associates is a non-smoking, drug free facility. Smoking/vaping/or taking illegal drugs is not allowed inside or outside our offices. We reserve the right to conduct random drug testing.