Houston, TX 77046
Job Post Date: December 1, 2017
Licensed Project Architect
Pfluger Architects, a Texas-based, award-winning architecture firm with extensive experience in educational facility planning, design, and construction administration, is seeking a Licensed Project Architect for its Houston office. We are a fast paced, mid-sized firm with offices in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. Candidates should demonstrate strong design and communication skills, be highly self-motivated, team oriented, and willing to learn. Email cover letter with salary requirements and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone calls, please.
Licensed Architect who plans and develops medium‐to large‐scope projects with many complexities, executes and coordinates projects, and may oversee a large staff of
Architects and technicians.
Ability to simultaneously manage multiple teams producing accurate and efficient production of our most complex and/or time‐sensitive projects. Work with Project Designers to develop and express a coherent design concept. Mentors Architects. Works to complete projects on time and on budget. Demonstrates a leadership role within the firm. Contributes to the technical improvement and advancement of the firm within the market. Takes an ongoing leadership role in a minimum of one outside activity such as serving on an educational foundation or organizing a firm wide effort to serve on High School career fairs.
• Minimum 5-10 years of project architect/project management experience
• Experience in educational architecture is preferred
• Professional degree in architecture (EG. B. Arch, M. Arch) from NAAB accredited program
• Licensed Architect in the state of Texas
• Computer conversant and proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Revit and AutoCAD
• Attention to detail and grammar in written work, and in all other areas of responsibility
• Must be highly organized, motivated, self-starter with an aptitude for learning
• Able to deal within the framework of a large organization and work with others as a team player
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, demonstrate adaptability by changing assignments on short notice
Competitive salary based on experience and level of education. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, 401K and end of year bonuses.