Houston, TX 77003
Job Post Date: February 22, 2018
Marketing Coordinator - Houston Office
Method Architecture is a uniquely ego-free architecture firm, committed to a systematic creative process that focuses on clients and their needs first and foremost. Operating with the flexibility of a small firm, but with a big reach, Method is a full-service architecture firm specializing in tenant finish and ground-up projects encompassing industrial, corporate interiors, healthcare, hospitality, breweries, retail and more.
Marketing Coordinator will perform a variety of marketing and communications related tasks that will contribute to the overall success of the marketing department. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who possesses both the technical skills and creative abilities to help achieve the firm’s strategic goals.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and leadership to prepare materials including qualifications, brochures, presentations, newsletters, proposals, award submittals and reports.
- Assist in writing press releases, developing media kits and updating staff resumes.
- Assist in developing content for the website, blog and social media channels.
- Develop & coordinate graphics, write, edit and layout materials.
- Assist in the development of targeted marketing campaigns
- Assist in planning internal and external events.
- Working with architectural team and photographers to document projects.
- Promote firm visibility and brand awareness in specific markets.
- Represent the firm at industry events and participate in appropriate and professional activities to develop awareness of the firm.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to adopt the writing style to relay the voice of the company.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & MS Office
- Experience using Wordpress CMS.
- Social media proficiency (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- An understanding and passion for architecture and design
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Video editing & graphic design experience a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in marketing professional services, preferably A/E/C industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or combination of education and/or relevant experience.
This information is to be treated as an overview of the position and not all encompassing of the role. The management team has the ability to assign other tasks as needed to ensure the success of the position.
Submit cover letter, resume, and samples of relevant written and graphic work as a single PDF file (maximum 5MB) with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator Position” to JMcDonald@methodarchitecture.com. No hard copies, drop-ins, phone calls, or recruiter inquiries will be accepted.
Life at Method
Method Architecture’s employees participate in a collaborative work environment that facilitates the cultivation of fresh and exciting ideas to fulfill the specific needs of the client. Method is pleased to have an open approach to employment with an ego-free, positive environment for employees in which everyone can thrive.
Method Architecture offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 100% paid employee health, dental, vision, & life/AD&D insurance
- Retirement account with employer matching
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Free snacks and drinks in the office
- Company retreat
- Fitness programs
- Quarterly team building activities