Maribel Amador712 Main Street
HOUSTON, TX 77002
Job Post Date: June 10, 2021
SWA MARKETING COORDINATOR
SWA is a global landscape architecture, planning and urban design firm renowned for the creativity, responsiveness, and resilience of our work. From urban parks to city districts, university campuses to commercial complexes, premier resorts to new communities, SWA’s professionals create beautiful, high-performing places that are ecologically resilient, aesthetically compelling and socially beneficial.
SWA’s Houston office is seeking someone to take ownership of our marketing and business development processes while working closely with the Marketing Manager, the Houston Principal group, and the marketing and business development teams in our 8 offices.
SWA Houston is a team of creative and innovative designers working together to envision and execute world class places. While most of our work is here in Houston, we are also active across China and the Middle East. We pursue a collaborative and entrepreneurial approach to all of our work and that extends to all positions in our office. Our work has transformed Houston and its suburbs with iconic projects like Buffalo Bayou Park, the Bayou Greenways Trail Network, Avenida Houston Plaza, prairie creek restorations in West Houston, and the Audubon Society Bird Sanctuary on High Island. SWA frequently hosts salons and events in our downtown studio attracting important government, media, and business leaders from around the region. We are looking for a new team member that will be bring the same spirit and approach to our marketing and business development activities.
SWA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including an Employee Stock Ownership Program, Profit Sharing, 401(k) matching and paid health insurance. SWA is 100% employee-owned which has inspired an inclusive and open-minded professional atmosphere where all employees are treated like owners and encouraged to take ownership of their work.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the entire proposal process from start to finish – from tracking through proposal production and delivery under the direction of the Marketing Manager and Principals. The office leadership provides mentorship and training while allowing the Marketing Coordinator room to be a significant part of the decision-making process. The ultimate purpose is to strategically align SWA with the best markets and clients, and tactically convince them to work with our team.
1. Project Pursuit – Respond to RFQs/RFPs & Interview Preparation
• Review and assess IMS and other project lead sources
• Research, assess and share potential project leads
• Participate in weekly marketing meetings for go/no-go with team
• Develop content and execute RFQ/RFP submittals ranging in size and complexity
• Attend pre-proposal meetings
• Develop strategy and graphics for proposals and interview presentations
• Coordinate and submit bids on a timely basis
2. Marketing Material Management
• Assist in the development of firm-wide marketing materials and tools including brochures, project data sheets, press releases, client database, mailings
• Develop content, organize, and maintain tear sheets, staff resumes and other project related data for ongoing use in marketing/business development efforts
3. Specialty Marketing Events
• Develop, design and submit award submittals
• Coordinate and prepare materials for special events, meetings, and conferences
• Liaise with media and advertising for projects
Experience: 2+ years of experience in a similar role in the landscape architecture, architecture or engineering industry preferred. Experience as a practicing landscape designer may provide suitable experience for the position.
• Self-driven individual with ability to self-manage, take direction, and proactively run with projects.
• Professional demeanor with a positive, solution-seeking attitude and personal responsibility.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to handle multiple, simultaneous assignments at various stages of development and meet tight deadlines, providing a consistently high level of quality and accuracy.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and in Microsoft Office
• Strong technical and persuasive writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Excellent communication and coordination skills
Education: Bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Marketing, Communications, or related fields.
Attitude/Approach: A positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to see important tasks through to completion. Passion and educational/prior experience in design and dedication to providing service to design professionals. Strong sense of personal initiative and responsibility. Ability to work with other people in the firm in a collaborative, respectful, service-minded manner.
REPORTING AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The Marketing Coordinator will report to, and be reviewed every six to twelve months, by studio principals and the Marketing Manager overseeing marketing and business development efforts