Houston, TX 77056
Job Post Date: July 10, 2020
Multifamily - Architectural Designer
Who You are:
The ideal candidate is a creative architectural designer.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment producing concept site plans, building + unit plans, and building massing. You think critically and have a strong attention to detail.
You excel at managing multiple conceptual designs and clients concurrently. You synthesize various parameters (program, site constraints, zoning) to craft a unique solution.
Who We are:
W Partnership is a multi-family architectural and planning firm who prides themselves in treating its diverse employees and clients with the same level of respect. We believe that the most important aspect of business is the relationship that is built between the client and the firm. We have recently relocated to an office space that was designed to optimize and encourage creative and motivated individuals to join our design team.
W Partnership offers a competitive package of benefits including Quarterly Bonus Program, 401k Matching, AXP and Licensing assistance and paid Maternity leave in addition to Vacation, PTO, Paid Medical, Dental and Life Insurance.
You will be joining a small group studio of similar designers to:
• Establish, develop, and illustrate design concepts and present to clients
• Confirm project designs are compliant with applicable zoning, building codes, and accessibility requirements
• Create digital 3D models for building massing/elevation development and presentation
• Research and specification of new materials, products, and systems with an understanding of constructability and budget constraints
• Develop and foster trusted relationships with clients
• Handle multiple deadlines, prioritize tasks, and successfully collaborate with in-house staff/project team, clients and consultants
• Review work for design integrity, accuracy, clarity and quality
• Comprehensive Schematic Design, including unit plan and building design
• Strong Architectural Design abilities
• Creative Designer and problem solver with experience in the programming, planning, and conceptual design phases of projects. Knowledge/Experience in Multi-Family architecture is preferred.
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an Accredited University Program
• High proficiency in AutoCAD and Sketchup modeling
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable Building Codes and Construction techniques (FHA knowledge preferred)
• Ability to multi-task and track multiple projects
• Ability to effectively communicate design solutions to colleagues, clients, and building officials
• Self-Motivated Worker with Team Player ethics
• Proficiency with the Adobe Suite
• Visual and Numerical Presentation Skills