Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843
Job Post Date: April 12, 2019
The Office of the University Architect at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX is accepting applications for the position of Planner. Information about the Office of the University Architect can be found at http://universityarchitect.tamu.edu/.
This mid-level Planner position will be under the supervision and direction of the University Architect and will be responsible for: supporting the planning, landscape architecture and conservation efforts to preserve and enhance the built environment at Texas A&M University (TAMU); ensuring development and changes to the built environment encompass an integrated approach toward the long-term sustainability and management of architectural, environmental, cultural and land resources; assisting in monitoring and coordinating the development and management of the Campus Master Plan; and verifying proposed campus projects are in compliance with TAMU design guidelines.
See detailed job posting on TAMU Jobs website (link below).
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or closely related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six years of experience of planning and design of construction projects.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning in specific areas such as transportation, land use and programmatic/architectural planning
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning in general areas, such as land use suitability, site analysis and urban design
• Knowledge of campus planning and current developments in planning including social and environmental considerations
• Experience in the planning and design of construction projects
• Knowledge of local, state, and national building codes and regulations
• Working experience and ability to operate files in: AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, In Design, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Self-starter with initiative to function in a self-created, fast paced environment with attention to meeting tight schedules
• Applicant should be demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to lead and work in teams, and be able to present and communicate complex planning concepts in written, oral and graphic form to a variety of audiences
• Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
For additional job details and to apply, visit https://jobs.tamu.edu/ and search for Planner, position number R-018654. Applications must include a letter of interest and resume.
Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.