Job Post Date: November 2, 2023
Program Manager, Campus Mapping - (STA013409)
Manages and coordinates the activities related to the development and maintenance of campus maps and geospatial information within a specific timeframe and funding amount to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within specified time frame and funding parameters.
1. Manages the project to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
2. Operates computer workstation to create and update campus maps and geospatial information as new data is received relative to new and renovated buildings, landscaping, civil and infrastructure capital improvement projects, land acquisitions and other projects.
3. Produces printed and digital maps for campus and remote locations for internal stakeholders and external consultants showing map features, property boundaries, plated lots, recorded bearings, and distances as applicable, parcel numbers, etc.
4. Respond to internal and external questions about geospatial information and coordinate/communicate with on-campus clients and external consultants.
5. Performs complex data analysis using ArcGIS and related extensions/add-ons, relational databases, and other computer software. Understands and can apply the capabilities of GIS databases and other computer programs to solve complex spatial and relational problems.
6. . Coordinates project geospatial activities, assigns tasks to contracted vendors and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases and validates geospatial information.
7. Confers with staff to explain project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of the project.
8. May prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
9. Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives.
4,463.00 - 5,804.50 – Monthly
Manages and administers grants for projects, including the coordination of meetings, communications, scholarships, and other operations. Develops, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning project administration. Prepares project reports and controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations. Performs other job-related as assigned.
Bachelor’s and 5 years’ experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical, or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4-year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Bachelor’s degree in architecture, earth sciences or similar technology field preferred. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience. Ability to interpret, identify, assess, or diagnose a variety of instructions of information furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and plan approaches that respond to problems or challenges. Ability to prioritize work and research information to complete work independently.
Additional Job Posting Information
Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of education.
Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is highly preferred.
Required Attachments by Candidate:
Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and recognizes protected classes of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, religion, age (40 and above), national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or status, and gender expression as required by federal law. Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.