Susan Smith5120 Woodway
Houston, TX 77056
Job Post Date: November 29, 2018
GLMV Architecture, Inc. has completed projects in 49 states, a wide range of market segments, and relationships with a diverse group of clients.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to join us in our Houston, Texas office.
A Project Architect:
• Is responsible for project construction drawings & specifications.
• Assists with training & developing less-experienced design professionals.
• Performs various duties for other projects as required
• Opportunities to participate in and learn project management and/or business development activities.
The Project Architect may receive training and development for project management including contract preparation and management, subconsultant negotiation and contracting, work planning, budget preparation and management, and progress tracking and reporting. The Project Architect may receive training and development in business development.
Responsibilities for this position typically include:
• Production of design development and construction drawings.
• Planning, guiding, and checking the work of less-experienced architects and/or interns in architecture through design development and construction drawings
• Providing design direction to landscape architecture staff and interior design staff, and coordinating their construction drawings
• Providing design direction and drawings to engineers to facilitate their design of the electrical, mechanical and structural components of the project; coordinating their drawings to ensure that all considerations are met and that there are no clashes or conflicts in their drawings with other components
• Participating in and/or facilitating, project progress meetings with owners rep, contractor, sub contractors and other relevent parties and preparing minutes.
• Oversight of project under construction shop drawings and requests for information (RFI) or coordination with a construction administrator assigned to the project.
• Other duties as assigned.
The project architect may also participate in:
• Proposal preparation
• Programming the features of the project to the owner’s needs
• Design charrette and/or conceptual design
• Facilitating project team meetings with owner representative, engineers, contractors, and specialty project team members
• Value engineering
• Pre-bid meetings
• LEED certification application development
Examples of job responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. GLMV reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Oral and written proficiency with the English language
• Ability to be thorough and detailed in reviewing own work and that of others
• Interpersonal relationship building
• Profiency with Revit
• Physical abilities include:
o Travel by plane
o Drive and travel by automobile
o Walk, step over, bend, stretch, climb ladders as needed to inspect buildings and sites
o Use computers effectively to prepare documents, draft construction drawings, and communicate with others.
o Use the telephone effectively to communicate with others
An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Education, Credentials and Experience
• Professional five-year or master’s degree in Architecture from an NAAB-accredited program and/or license to practice architecture in at least one state in the United States.
• NCARB certification preferred.
• LEED accreditation preferred.
• Experience in producing and assembling full construction drawing sets for new steel-frame construction and renovation projects of substantial complexity.
• Experience training and developing intern architects and/or drafting technicians.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.